The 5th MedVetNet conference took place at the University of Surrey, 27-29 June 2017.
A chance to present the Animal Health Surveillance Ontology and discuss data-driven applications in animal health in general, and surveillance in particular.
Of particular note was the Big Data and Digital Information section:
- Dr. George Gunn talked about big data and opportunities for animal health
- Dr. Rimma Driscoll highlighted the role of Zoetis in digital innovation for Animal Health
- Dr. Alex Cook discussed opportunities, barriers and drivers.
Also, check out vHive.buzz!
- Dr. Fernanda Dórea introduced AHSO - you can get the full presentation here.
- Dr. Phil Godsiff's inspiring talk was titled "How could implementing BlockChain technology impact the livestock value chain". If you are new to the concept, check out this text for beginners, or